COVID 19 Update for 2022
Coronavirus (COVID-19) 2022 update
Integral Skills will continue to deliver all programs as per our training calendar which is available on our website https://www.integralskills.com.au/ .
The health and safety of our Staff and Students remains our number one priority so we will continue to follow current NSW Health Orders.
Please note the following guidelines prior to arriving at our facility for training:
- Outdoor training is undertaken as much as possible, and indoor classes are ventilated as much as possible (weather dependent)
- If you have any COVID symptoms, do not attend your course. Please notify reception on 02 63622502.
We are continuing to work closely with all relevant authorities and are strictly following the guidance provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and the NSW Department of Health.
High Risk Work Licence Courses
A high risk work licence is required to operate some machinery and undertake some work.
High risk work licences are valid for five years and recognised nationally: you can work in any state or territory if you have a current HRW licence.
The following courses with us are High Risk Work licence courses:
- Dogging (Licence to perform dogging)
- EWP (Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more))
- Forklift (Licence to operate a forklift truck)
- Basic Rigging (Licence to perform rigging basic level)
- Intermediate Rigging (Licence to perform rigging intermediate level)
- Basic Scaffolding (Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level)
- Intermediate Scaffolding (Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level)
- Advanced Scaffolding (Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding advanced level)
- Bridge and Gantry Crane (Licence to operate a bridge and gantry crane)
- Vehicle loading Crane (Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above))
- Slew Crane up to 60T (Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 60 tonnes))
- Slew Crane up to 100T (Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 100 Tonnes))
- Slew Crane over 100T (Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (over 100 Tonnes))
The following courses with us are not high risk work licence course, but upon successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attainment which is recognised nationally:
- Enter and work in confined spaces (Confined Space)
- Confined Space & GTA
- Working at Heights
- Yellow Card
- Risk Management (S1)
- Safety & health Investigations (S2)
- Communicate Information (S3)
- Supervisors Course (S123)
- Overhead Gantry Crane
- Vehicle Loading Crane (< 10 metre T)
The following are Duty of care Courses:
- MDG25 (Safe cutting and welding at mines)
We also offer the following Certificate courses:
- Certificate III in Scaffolding
Our course fees are the most reasonable around and offer value for money. To see what your chosen course fee is, click on the course to the right hand side of the page, under ‘available courses’.
We can come to you
If you are a business with 6 or more participants, we can provide training and assessments to your staff, at your work site.
We have different options depending on your requirements and can offer a customised training solution for your business.
We are ideally situated in the thriving country towns of Orange & Mudgee.
Our orange Facility is located at 49 Leewood Drive, Orange.
Our Mudgee Facility is located at 15-17 Industrial Avenue, Mudgee.
Our Trainers are industry Professionals
With a long history in the mining and construction industries, our trainers are fully aware of the training outcomes required of highly skilled operators in today’s professional industry climate. These training outcomes are centred on providing courses with a high degree of practical learning underpinned with up to date theory knowledge, presented in an easy to understand manner.
Our training equipment is what you’ll find in the real world
For your training (course permitting), we provide
- Elevated work platform
- Rigging Frame
- CCLP (Cantilevered Crane Loading Platform) for training Rigging and Scaffolding
- Swing Stage for Advanced Scaffolding
- Overhead Crane
Our training facilities provide a comfortable learning environment
When you come and learn with us, you will find it a pleasure.
Our Training Facility provides:
- Comfortable and spacious training rooms with new technology projectors
- Meals Room with fridge, chilled water, vending machines and free tea & coffee (Orange Facility)
- On Site Parking
- Games Room with internet access, pool table & ping pong table (Orange Facility)
- Shed to train in for when the weather is wet & cold.
- Friendly and helpful staff.
We are Proudly 100% locally owned and operated
Our Company is owned by a local, operated by a local, employs locals, supplies to locals and spends in the local community.
Safety & Training Audits
Safety & Training Audits are undertaken on our clients work site to achieve optimum results in Safety & Production.
Integral Skills Auditors ensure:
- Employees and site contractors are:
- working to site rules & regulations
- working to site industry specific procedures & safe work procedures
- working to relevant Australian Standards
- working safely & efficiently
- have correct certification for tasks being performed
- Heights Safety & Lifting Equipment, including Industrial fall arrest systems & devices, comply with Australian Standards
- All potential & immediate hazards are identified & hazard controls are put in place
- Safety Height & Lifting equipment is being inspected, tagged & registered on a quarterly basis
- Verification of Competency’s for new and existing staff & Contractors are undertaken
A comprehensive Audit Report is available on the completion of the duration of the Audit. Our Audit reports detail our scope of work, key findings, Photos, Summary & Recommendations to improve site safety & production.
To discuss safety and training audits in Orange NSW and surrounding areas please contact us.
Equipment Tagging & Sales
Integral Skills offers Tagging of all Height Safety & Lifting Equipment. Our qualified inspectors will inspect & Tag the equipment with the current colour coded tag, then place each item on a tagging register. The tagging register is provided to our client as a part of our service, and provides information including the equipment description, serial number and if the item has passed inspection for further use.
When tagging, Visual Inspections are carried out in accordance with:
AS 3775-2004 Chain Slings
AS 1666-2009 Wire Rope Slings
AS 1353.2-1997 Flat Synthetic -Webbing Slings
AS 4497.2-1997 Round slings- Synthetic Fibre
AS/NZS 1891.4-2009 Industrial Fall Arrest System & Devices
All equipment that is deemed incompetent for further use can be replaced by Integral Skills. We are a distributor for 3M Fall Protection, SpanSet Height safety, lifting, load control & safety management Products and Beaver fall prevention, rescue, lifting & rigging products and transportation equipment and fittings.
When clients require Tagging, we are are commonly asked two main Questions.
Q: What qualifications are needed to tag height safety and lifting equipment?
A: Periodical inspections are to be performed by a competent person: “A person who has, through a combination of training, qualification and experience, acquired knowledge and skills enabling that person to perform correctly a specified task” (AS/ NZS 1891.4).
At Integral Skills we have developed our own minimum skillset for inspectors which includes the follow Nationally Recognised training:
- Working at Heights
- Basic Scaffolding
- Basic Rigging
- Competent Person Practical Inspection & Record Keeping
Q: How often should height safety and lifting equipment be tagged/ inspected?
A: AS/NZS 1891.4 suggests equipment is inspected 6 monthly, however if conditions or environments are particularly harsh or damaging the periodical inspections timeframe may have to be brought forward to a predetermined time frame depending on the rate of deterioration or damage that is occurring to the equipment.
Given the industry we work in, it is quite common to tag equipment quarterly using the ‘RUGBY’ system:
Red: Jan- March
Green: April- June
Blue: July- September
Yellow: Oct- December
All equipment is tagged with the correct colour for the quarter, added to a register and signed by a competent inspector.
If you have any other questions, give our friendly team a call! 02 63 622 502
Credit Account Application